The Santa Fe Community Foundation is seeking a Controller reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This is an opportunity for a talented Controller to join an exceptional team committed to building and refining a new way of operating. The Controller will be responsible for the work of the finance and accounting team overseeing data entry, payroll, accounts payable, general ledger, cash management, and investment activity. Supports the professional development of team members to improve timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of accounting procedures and reporting. The ideal candidate must be a good communicator and have the ability to exercise clear judgment in a variety of situations, with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among competing priorities.
Duties & responsibilities
- Assists in the financial reporting, reconciling, budgeting, and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, schedules, and various reports required by Foundation staff, Board, Finance Committee, donors, fund-holders, and grantors.
- Participates in the annual audit including preparation of work papers and drafting financial footnotes.
- Ensures that systems of internal controls are in place, daily transaction processing is accurate and reconciled, and compliance with appropriate regulations is maintained.
- Assists in the preparation of materials and schedules for the annual 990 and other tax reporting as required.
- Monitors and prepares reports for grants, including private and governmental funding.
- Participates in the Impact Investing initiative of the Foundation.
- Reviews of the semimonthly payroll and related reports.
- Oversees the annual reporting of 1099s and W-2s.
- Assists in the maintenance and monitoring of human relations activities and requirements.
- Assists in monitoring and complying with regulations for fringe benefits offered to employees.
- Assists in monitoring the operation and maintenance of the Foundation’s building.
- Assists in monitoring and reporting on the Foundation’s investment portfolio, as well as the activities conducted by the Foundation’s single-member LLCs and other organizations affiliated with the Foundation.
- Assists in the management, maintenance, and development of information technology systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.); or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA license preferred or adequate skills to meet the demands of this position.
- Superior technical, communication, interpersonal, technological, and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and commitment is highly desired.
- Must be willing to move easily among all the levels of accounting at the Foundation - from entering accounts payable to writing financial statements.
- Needs to be flexible, inquisitive, and nimble in responding to the needs of the community, its nonprofit partners, and its donors.
Values & Principles
- Serve as an ambassador of the Santa Fe Community Foundation and its mission, vision, and guiding values of equity, perseverance, listening, and generosity.
- Abide by SFCF’s policies and procedures, and act with candor, transparency, clear communication, and the highest ethical standards.
- Serve as a team player and work collaboratively with all SFCF employees.
- Uphold the highest standards of customer service for all SFCF constituents in terms of speed of response, accuracy, and completeness.
Please see PDF job description for complete list of desired skills and experience.
Why work for us
About the Santa Fe Community Foundation
The Santa Fe Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. We actively seek and encourage applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities
How to apply
Ready to join our team?
We are looking for people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you and you have an aligning background, then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the Controller position and what you would bring to the Santa Fe Community Foundation. You may apply via email to email@example.com or by filling out the form below. No calls please.
We have received your application and will be in touch with you in the next few business days. In the meantime...Check out our bulletin
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form. Please try again or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.