Donor Relations Associate
- Works with Vice President of Development & Donor Relations and Director of Development to develop and maintain donor tracking and moves management.
- Ensures proper uploads into database post-meetings and post-events along with relevant news articles or other special notes.
Donor Relations & Fund Support
- Manages donor recognition and benefits in coordination with the Director of Development (for example: Corporate Partners Program).
- Ensures proper listing in communication materials, invitations, websites, in office and redemption of promised benefits.
- Supports donor portal setup and maintenance. Works with the Vice President for Development & Donor Relations and the rest of the Development & Donor Relations Team to support Fund specific activities: scheduling committee meetings, custom mailings, donor lists, and special events.
- Works with Director of Development for event-related budget tracking for various funds and programs of the Foundation including Envision, NextGen, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, and Piñon Awards.
- Assists colleagues as needed to help maintain office appearance, answer the phones, greet guests, and prepare meeting rooms.
- Works with the Director of Development on event planning and logistics including room setup, reservations, decorations, entertainment, ordering food, and marketing.
- Maintains close relationships with vendors and venues. Assists with issuing invoices and collecting payments.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of Development & Donor Relations as needed.
- Prepares agendas and participates in weekly meetings with Development & Donor Relations Team.
- Prepares grant applications for committees and follows up with grantees as needed.
- Performs broad support to the Development & Donor Relations Team as needed, including prospect research, running reports, and assisting with mailings.
- High commitment to integrity, professionalism, and personalized service.
- An affinity for philanthropy, the role of nonprofits in strengthening communities, and a commitment to equity, diversity, and the power of social change.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Demonstrated keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment where the demands and directions of the work are often changing.
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to conduct instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to problem solve and navigate competing interests.
Values & Principles
- Serve as an ambassador of the Santa Fe Community Foundation and its mission, vision, and guiding values of equity, perseverance, listening, and generosity.
- Abide by SFCF’s policies and procedures, and act with candor, transparency, clear communication, and the highest ethical standards.
- Serve as a team player and work collaboratively with all SFCF employees.
- Uphold the highest standards of customer service for all SFCF constituents in terms of speed of response, accuracy, and completeness.
Please see PDF job description for complete list of desired skills and experience.
Why work for us
About the Santa Fe Community Foundation
The Santa Fe Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. We actively seek and encourage applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities
How to apply
Ready to join our team?
We are looking for people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you and you have an aligning background, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the Donor Relations Associate position and what you would bring to the Santa Fe Community Foundation. No calls please.