The Santa Fe Community Foundation is seeking a Finance Associate. This position is responsible for accounts payable, payroll, and building operations. Ensure that contributions, revenues and expenses are properly accounted for and that the Foundation meets its financial obligations. Properly maintain donor and other funds and related accounts and ensure financial records are organized and accessible. Contribute, along with other members of the team, to the smooth operations of the department by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Roles Specific to Accounts Payable
- Perform data entry, and maintenance of vendor/invoice records.
- Perform weekly check runs for accounts payable invoices and grants.
- Perform live check runs and EFT payments.
- Monitor bank account for ‘Positive Pay’ exceptions.
- Reconcile and post monthly credit card transactions.
- Process monthly recurring invoices.
- Provide monthly review of outstanding checks.
- Assist with expense analyses as needed, especially during preparation for quarterly board and committee meetings.
- Prepare and distribute 1099s at year-end.
Roles Specific to Payroll
- Maintain employee records in Paychex payroll system.
- Process semi-monthly payrolls and any additional payrolls, as needed.
- Prepare/upload payroll journal entries to Financial Edge accounting software.
- Perform quarterly reconciliations of employee benefits and paid-time-off accruals.
Roles Specific to Building Operations and Other Duties
- Coordinate service/purchasing with outside vendors including IT, plumbing, maintenance contractors, and landscaping, as needed.
- Serve as backup/support for donor gift entry.
- Assist, as needed, with annual budget and annual audit and tax preparations.
- Assist Finance team members with entries into financial software and financial reporting.
- Handle special projects and support and respond to requests from other departments, as needed.
- Cross-train with other Finance team members to provide backup support, as necessary.
- File finance records and data.
- Stay current with the Santa Fe Community Foundation (SFCF) policies & procedures, nonprofit regulations, and software programs used by the SFCF.
- Research and create reports, as needed by staff and constituents.
- Bachelor's degree(B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad knowledge and experience in all facets of bookkeeping and general accounting, understanding of computer accounting systems.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy in entering and analyzing data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and client-oriented mindset is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work, somewhat independently, under the direction of the Controller.
- Ability to work flexibly, prioritize daily workload and complete tasks on a timely basis.
- A desire to learn about or expand knowledge of nonprofit accounting.
- Ability to problem solve and present solutions.
Values & Principles
- Serve as an ambassador of the Santa Fe Community Foundation and its mission, vision, and guiding values of equity, perseverance, listening, and generosity.
- Abide by SFCF’s policies and procedures, and act with candor, transparency, clear communication, and the highest ethical standards.
- Serve as a team player and work collaboratively with all SFCF employees.
- Uphold the highest standards of customer service for all SFCF constituents in terms of speed of response, accuracy, and completeness.
Please see PDF job description for complete list of desired skills and experience.
Why work for us
About the Santa Fe Community Foundation
The Santa Fe Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. We actively seek and encourage applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities
How to apply
Ready to join our team?
We are looking for people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you and you have an aligning background, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the Finance Associate position and what you would bring to the Santa Fe Community Foundation. No calls please.