Financial Oversight for Board Members
About the event
Board members hold a fiduciary oversight responsibility. What does that mean for board members without a finance background?
In this workshop, board members will gain an understanding of their fiduciary responsibilities, including:
· Protect the organizations assets
· Ensure sustainability going forward
· Ensure assets are used solely to advance your mission
· Develop and monitor annual budgets
· Guard against waste
· Ensure the funds are invested wisely and monitor performance
· Establish accounting systems and internal controls
· Ensure integrity in fundraising
The facilitators, Alberto Granados and Chris Ford, will present various financial documents and tools to help board members gain a better understanding of what they are telling us.