Ways Nonprofits Can Ask For Funds from State, County, and Local Government
About the event
Smaller nonprofits often miss out on opportunities to access government funding because they aren’t aware of the opportunities or how to engage. This presentation will explain the various types of funding available. It will provide an overview of the different requirements, and specifics on where to find more information. The workshop addresses equity by empowering rural and marginalized nonprofits with information to increase their access to funding. It disrupts systemic inequity through information sharing.
Thursday, August 3, 2023 | 9:00 - 11:00 am
- Learn to distinguish between contracts for services, capital outlay requests and junior bill funding.
- Gain an overview of the purpose and general requirements of each type of funding.
- Discover how to contact the appropriate level of government to get specific details about deadlines, requirements, and application procedures
This event is part of our Learning Hub's Learning Lab Series.
Sliding scale fee for 2023 learning labs
Organizational Budget - Registration Fee
- Organizational Budget Up to 100k - Registration Fee No charge
- Organizational Budget 101-250k - Registration Fee $15
- Organizational Budget 251-500k - Registration Fee $25
- Organizational Budget 501-1M - Registration Fee $35
- Organizational Budget 1-3M - Registration Fee $45
- Organizational Budget 3M+ - Registration Fee $60
*Please note: If you are paying personally (not through your organization’s budget funds), please select the payment level that is most accessible for you, including the no-charge option if helpful. We want it to be easy for you to join us! We also have limited scholarships for current grantees of the Santa Fe Community Foundation, Anchorum, and Nusenda.
About Tsiporah Nephesh
Tsiporah Nephesh is the founder of New Mexico Thrives. New Mexico Thrives highlights the vital role of nonprofits in New Mexico and advocates on behalf of the nonprofit sector. Previously, Tsiporah was Program Coordinator for the Center for Nonprofit Excellence, United Way of Central New Mexico for ten years. Tsiporah’s advocacy work has expanded her understanding of government operations and she is sharing her insights with other nonprofits in this presentation.
New Mexico Thrives is a resource for nonprofits. It works to address the challenges facing nonprofits so they can better serve the communities of New Mexico.
Santa Fe Community Foundation
501 Halona Street in Santa Fe, NM 87501
There is free parking behind our building.
If you cannot attend in person, please join us by Zoom. The link will be provided after you register.