New Mexico Wildfire Relief & Resources
The Calf Canyon/Hermits Peak Fire is the largest wildfire in New Mexico's history and currently the largest active wildfire in the U.S. To date, the fires have burned more than 315,000 acres and displaced over 15,000 families. On May 4, President Biden approved a major disaster declaration for New Mexico (DR-4652-NM), as they continue to threaten centuries-old traditional farming villages and Indigenous communities.
We will keep this page updated with the latest wildfire relief resources.
Santa Fe Community Foundation Community Resiliency Fund. 100% of the donations raised will go directly to our funding region of San Miguel and Mora Counties. Grants will support food and water distribution, emergency shelter, cash assistance, and other critical services.
We have made $185,000 in emergency wildfire relief grants and are currently accepting applications for funding from nonprofits in Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, and Santa Fe Counties. Learn more and apply.
All Together NM Fund. The All Together NM Fund was established in 2020 by the New Mexico Coalition of Community Foundations in conjunction with the Governor’s office to help New Mexico respond to and eventually recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund has now been reactivated to support wildfire relief and recovery in all counties that have been affected. New Mexico nonprofits are encouraged to apply for funding.
Other Emergency Relief Funds:
- Hermit’s Peak Wildfire Relief Fund at the Las Vegas Community Foundation
- The Fund for Taos at the Taos Community Foundation
- Cochiti Fire Relief Fund at the Laguna Community Foundation. Also accepting deliveries of nonperishable goods and water. For more information about making a delivery, please contact (505) 219-5982
- Emergency Action Fund at the Albuquerque Community Foundation
- The Shelter Fund at the Community Foundation on Lincoln County
Wildfire Updates & Helpful Resources
- New Mexico Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management: Updated daily and includes a number of links – HELP NM, FEMA, Daily Public Info meeting on Facebook, etc.
- New Mexico Fire Information: Ongoing updates on fire status
- NM Roads: Official Road Status for the State of NM (road closures, etc.)
- Map of Wildfires in NM: Geographical overview
- Hermit's Peak/Calf Canyon Fire: Updates for San Miguel County. To receive San Miguel County notifications via text, text SMCNOTIFY to 67283
- FEMA FAQs: Addresses concerns and dispels rumors for applicants; FEMA applications deadline is now August 4, 2022.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance: Special help for those impacted by the wildfires (application deadline was June 15, but we encourage you to still apply)
- Disaster Food Benefits: Applications begin Tuesday, June 7 and end Monday, June 13 for those affected by the wildfires.
- Legal Assistance Hotline: The State Bar of New Mexico, Young Lawyers division has created a helpline that people impacted by the wildfires can call into for legal assistance. The hotline is staffed Monday - Friday, 9 am - 1 pm. (888) 985-5141
- Bernalillo Shelter Trailer on site of Baptist Church Grounds: 6 Riverview Ct, Jemez Springs, NM 87025
- Genoveva Chavez Community Center: 3221 Rodeo Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Glorieta Camp: 11 NM-50, Glorieta, NM 87535
- Juan Gonzales Agriculture Center: 202 Chamisa Road, Taos, NM 87571
- Lodge at Santa Fe: 750 N St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Native Lodge: 6000 Pan American Fwy NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
- New Mexico Highlands University: 1005 Diamond St, Las Vegas, NM 87701
- Peñasco High School Gym: 13 Old School Rd, Peñasco, NM 87553
- Raton Community Center: 901 S 3rd Street, Raton, NM 87740
- Red River Conference Center: 101 W River St, Red River, NM 87558
- Santa Rosa Convention Center: 1085 Blue Hole Road, Santa Rosa, NM 88435
- Taos County Sherriff’s Posse Arena: 230 Camino de la Merced, Taos, NM 87571
Donation Collection Sites
The Food Depot has set up numerous collection bins across the state. They are accepting beef jerky; bottled water; Gatorade; individually wrapped non-perishable snacks; chapstick; eyedrops; socks; sunblock; and hygiene products, including baby wipes, Q-tips, women's menstrual products, soap, and toothpaste at the following locations:
- Albertsons Market: 3001 S. St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Albertsons Market: 3542 Zafarano Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Brynda Gonzalez State Farm Insurance: 3545 Zafarano Dr., Santa Fe, NM
- Del Norte Credit Union Cerrillos Branch: 3286 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Del Norte Credit Union Midtown Branch: 604 W. San Mateo Rd., Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Del Norte Credit Union DeVargas Branch: 510 North Guadalupe, Suite A/B, Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Del Norte Credit Union Los Alamos Branch: 1000 Trinity Drive, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- Del Norte Credit Union White Rock Branch: 40 Rover, White Rock, NM 87547
- Del Norte Credit Union Española Branch: 1216 Paseo de Oñate, Española, NM 87532
- Guadalupe Credit Union Rodeo Branch: 3601 Mimbres Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Guadalupe Credit Union Airport Branch: 3721 Academy Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Guadalupe Credit Union Don Diego Branch: 1101 Don Diego Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Market Street: 600 N. Guadalupe St., Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Meow Wolf Santa Fe: 1352 Rufina Circle, Santa Fe NM 87507
- Nusenda St. Michaels Branch: 1710 St. Michaels Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce: 1628 St Michaels Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Smith’s Food and Drug: 2308 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Smith’s Food and Drug: 2110 S Pacheco St, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Smith’s Food and Drug: 751 Trinity Dr, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- Smith’s Food and Drug: 31 Sherwood Blvd, White Rock, NM 87544
- State Employees Credit Union: 813 St. Michaels Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87505
- State Employees Credit Union: Cerrillos Road Branch, 4920 Promenade Blvd, Santa Fe, NM 87507