Emerging Social Sector Leaders 1.0
This experiential immersion program weaves together the learning circle model with elements of personal and professional development. Emerging Leaders is facilitated exploration of your own leadership, deep reflection, goal-setting, and peer networking. This immersion program will:
- Advance your understanding and practice of leading in the nonprofit sector,
- Strengthen your network of nonprofit colleagues through peer-to-peer learning and support,
- Deepen your understanding of leadership capacity through gained leadership skills,
- Align your personal and professional development goals.
Emerging Leaders Facilitator Eileen Everett says it best in her piece, What About the Rest of Us? Looking Beyond Preconceived Notions of Leadership: “This is the kind of change I’m invested in: that which brings people together to work across differences and view that difference as a strength, that which requires us to sit through what it takes to truly see our own humanity and each other’s humanity. Through this kind of change, we break down hierarchies, explore shared leadership and power, and ultimately dismantle systems of oppression (internally and externally) while creating new ways of being with one another.”
Each session is dynamic, a mix of lessons and interactive participatory learning, while not shying away from the real talk and addressing pain points in the sector. Emerging Leaders is designed to be supportive and community building. Emerging Leaders is for you if you:
- Are seeking the space to reflect on your role as a nonprofit professional
- Are ready to ask yourself and your peers the good and hard questions
- Understand that transforming a sector starts with deep personal work first
Facilitated by: Kourtney Andar and Rachel "Rae" Miller. Click here for bios.