Nonprofit Board Fundamentals Cohort
Thank you to our 2023 Cohort
We are pleased to recognize the participants for our Learning Hub's 2023 Nonprofit Board Fundamentals program. Designed specifically for current board members, this six-session program provides an overview of the nonprofit sector and its structure as well as support, knowledge, and skill-building around the fundamentals of board participation. We honor and thank the 2023 cohort for the commitment they have made to this program and to their work on behalf of our communities.
- Contessa Archuleta, Santa Fe Estate Planning Council
- Julia Broggi, CASA First Judicial District
- Suzanne Burstall Cross, Santa Fe Classic Theater
- Michael D. Godow, El Rito Library
- Alex Hanna, Audobon Southwest
- Sandra M. Higaskino-Greene, Food Depot
- Sheree Livney, Harwood Museum of Art
- Michelle L. Lute, PhD, Rewilding Institute
- Rachael Maestas, NM Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Matthew Monjaras, Impact Outdoors
- Marisa Ornelas, Santa Fe Children’s Museum
- Andrea Polli, SciArt Santa Fe
- Valerie Quintana, NM Chronic Disease Prevention Council
- Sydney Scherr, Alchemy Design Project
- Roxanna Shapouri, Las Tejecoras Fiber Arts Guild
- Jackie Siglin, Zia Singers
- Sonya Silva-Baca, EmiArte Flamenco Academy
- Jutta von Gontard, Rio Grande Return
"New Mexico has more than 10,000 nonprofit corporations, and Santa Fe is blessed with the most generous of them all, the Santa Fe Community Foundation. The community foundation supports so many nonprofits, it’s astonishing — but its leaders also offer great services and mentoring for all.
I work with theater nonprofits, and in 2023 alone, I was able to take not one but two highly professional courses — on fundraising and board governance — that I know will benefit the groups I support. But more important, watching and listening to the other nonprofit members — saving wildlife, working for better health care, feeding the hungry, educating children, supporting New Mexico arts — I was deeply moved at the support we receive in Santa Fe for so many good causes.
I encourage any nonprofit to sign up for information and/or speak with the always helpful staff at the foundation. There are opportunities to grow your good causes, priced on a sliding scale, and both courses I’ve taken have been spectacular. We are lucky to have this resource."
— Suzanne Cross, 2023 Nonprofit Board Fundamentals participant
Santa Fe New Mexican, Letters to the Editor
This program was delivered with the participation of 20 facilitators and guest speakers from across the New Mexico nonprofit sector. Thank you to everyone who made this possible.
The Santa Fe Community Foundation's Learning Hub is an educational space for nonprofit board, executive directors, staff members, and donors. Each year, the Hub offers dozens of events, workshops, and learning circles that promote leadership, skill building, and peer-supported growth.
Please consider supporting our Learning Hub with a gift to our Community Leadership Fund today. Click here to learn more and donate.